Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (computing) A hacking session extended long outside normal working times, especially one longer than 12 hours; sometimes an all-nighter.
- It'll take a hacking run to find the roots of such a Byzantine bug.
- Computer and Network Security in Small Libraries, Texas State Library, 2001, Glossary
- Investigative Data Mining for Security and Criminal Detection, 2003, p. 423
- The Information Security Dictionary, 2004, p. 139
- The American Dictionary of Criminal Justice, 2005, p. 116
- Extending: Webster's Quotations, Facts and Phrases, 2008, p. 516