- A clichéd conclusion in which all loose ends are tied up and all main characters are content. See also happily ever after.
1930, Bertrand Russell, The Conquest of Happiness:
- Life is not to be conceived on the analogy of a melodrama in which the hero and heroine go through incredible misfortunes for which they are compensated by a happy ending.
1987, Willy DeVille (music), “Storybook Love”:
- And she said: / "Don't you know that storybook loves, / Always have a happy ending."
- (vulgar, slang, used euphemistically) A hand job, especially one provided by the masseuse to the client at or towards the end of a massage.
- (clichéd conclusion): eucatastrophe