Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈheɪtwɒtʃ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈheɪtwɑtʃ/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: hate‧watch
- (informal) To watch a television programme, etc., that one dislikes, for the pleasure one gets from criticizing or making fun of it.
- 2013 September 25, Jonathan Black, “Spice up your life … this fall”, in The Pendulum, volume 39, number 14, Elon, N.C.: Communications Media Board, Elon College, OCLC 908252950, page 29:
- Among my favorite things about the season is the resounding crunch of stepping on a leaf, wearing pants all the time and the end of hate-watching yet another season of "The Newsroom."
- 2014 February, Laura K. Garrison, “The good, the bad, and the Girls”, in Barnard Bulletin, New York, N.Y.: Barnard College, ISSN 0005-6014, OCLC 3983353, page 19:
- Whether Girls is on your must-see list or that show you love to hate-watch, in some way, no matter how small, it has spoken to your experience as a young woman trying to make it in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world.
- 2014 October 19, Anne Breslaw, “What happens when the chill girl falls in love”, in Cosmopolitan, New York, N.Y.: Hearst Corp., ISSN 0010-9541, OCLC 1770745, archived from the original on 21 April 2016:
- I pretended I hate-watched Sex and the City, when in truth I love it earnestly to the point of being deranged.