have a ball
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) To enjoy thoroughly; to have lots of fun or excitement.
- The kids had a ball playing in the fountain.
- 1973, Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
- Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall?
- It's the time that every Santa has a ball
- Does he ride a red-nosed reindeer?
- Does a ton up on his sleigh
- Do the fairies keep him sober for a day?
- 1976, ABBA - Money
- In my dreams I have a plan
- If I got me a wealthy man
- I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball
- 1998, Baha Men - Who Let the Dogs Out?
- When the party was nice, the party was jumpin' (Hey, Yippie, Yi, Yo)
- And everybody havin' a ball (Hah, ho, Yippie Yi Yo)''
- 2011, Rebecca Black featuring Patrice Wilson, Friday
- Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
- Today i-is Friday, Friday
- We-we-we so excited
- We so excited
- We gonna have a ball today.