have one's way with
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (idiomatic, euphemistic) To engage (as the more active or dominant partner) in sexual intercourse with, especially without the consent of one's partner; rape
- 1964 June 18, “Ann Landers—Your Problems”, in Saskatoon Star-Phoenix, Canada, retrieved 26 Sep. 2011, page 8:
- Their daughter is being married in haste because she had the misfortune to go out with a terrible young man who took her to a wild beach party, got her drunk, and then had his way with her.
- 2004 May 12, “FSC student acquitted of 2002 campus sex assault”, in Worcester Telegram & Gazette, USA, retrieved 26 Sep. 2011, page 8:
- "She passed out, and when she passed out he had his way with her," Assistant District Attorney Anthony J. Marotta told the jury in his closing argument.
- (engage in sexual intercourse): coitize, go to bed with, sleep with; see also Thesaurus:copulate with
- (rape): outrage, ravish, turn out, violate, vitiate
to engage in sexual intercourse