Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) To lead or take the lead; to direct; to take charge.
- We want you to head up the effort to organize all the entries.
- April 19 2002, Scott Tobias, AV Club Fightville
- The gym’s proprietor, “Crazy” Tim Credeur, heads up the Gladiator Academy, which serves as a pipeline for amateur MMA fighters to move up the ranks, though few of them do.
- To close (a cask, barrel, etc.) by fitting a head to it.
- (nautical) To turn towards the wind
lead or take the lead