Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: heads up
- (chiefly US, idiomatic) A warning or call to pay attention; an advisory notice; a notice of what is to happen; a holler.
- Send everyone a heads-up about the inspection tomorrow.
- (poker) Involving two players. (usually said when there are only two players in the table; or, when all players except two folded)
- There were only two of us, so we started playing heads-up.
- There are seven players on the table. Five folded, the remaining two played heads-up until the showdown.
warning or call to pay attention; (advisory) notice of what is to happen
- With head directly above the neck, eyes front.
- A heads-up posture meant the pilot couldn't pay attention to his instruments.
- Alert; vigilant
- Getting those marbles off the red carpet was a real heads-up move.