Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: head rush
headrush (plural headrushes)
- A sudden feeling of dizziness and/or euphoria, such as:
- orthostatic hypotension, due to low blood pressure, for example when standing up suddenly.
- nicotine rush, for example in people who seldom smoke, or when smoking on an empty stomach.
- a rush induced by mind-altering drugs.
- a rush due to emotional agitation or excitement, for example when seeing someone one is in love with.
- (figuratively) Something exciting or thrilling.
- OED 2006