Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive) To increase over a period of time; to accumulate.
- (transitive) To make an untidy pile of (something).
- 1913, Lewis Spence, chapter V, in The Myths of Mexico and Peru:
- But in reality it was only partially accomplished, because Vukub's two sons, Zipacna and Cabrakan, still remained to be dealt with. Zipacna was daily employed in heaping up mountains, while Cabrakan, his brother, shook them in earthquake.
- (increase over time): mount up, pile up; see also Thesaurus:accumulate
- (make a pile): pile up; see also Thesaurus:pile up