Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I have never seen such an untidy bedroom!
- His finances were in an untidy state when he died.
- 1918, W[illiam] B[abington] Maxwell, chapter XII, in The Mirror and the Lamp, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, →OCLC:
- There were many wooden chairs for the bulk of his visitors, and two wicker armchairs with red cloth cushions for superior people. From the packing-cases had emerged some Indian clubs, […], and all these articles […] made a scattered and untidy decoration that Mrs. Clough assiduously dusted and greatly cherished.
- (transitive) To make untidy, to make a mess
- 2014, Jennie Shortridge, Love Water Memory, page 116:
- Before she closed each drawer she rummaged her hands through the clothes, untidying them just enough to feel comfortable.
To make a mess