Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The state or quality of being without clothing on the body; specifically, the quality of being without clothing on the genitals.
- In places such as Scandinavia, public nudity is legal.
- (countable, rare) Something or someone without clothes.
- 1809, Wm. Weston, “Remarkable Instance of Propensity to the Savage State”, in The Annual Register, or a View of the History, Politics, and Literature, for the Year 1807, page 906:
- […] he had divested himself of the incumbrance of dress […] and although a nudity, he appeared before numbers of people unabashed, and with an unblushing composure of countenance, which envinces that the sense of shame in him is entirely abolished.
the state of being without clothing on the body