Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: 便
- KangXi: page 101, character 5
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 573
- Dae Jaweon: page 213, character 12
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 145, character 2
- Unihan data for U+4F7F
|simp. and trad.
|alternative forms||駛／驶 (sai2; Cantonese “need”)|
洗 (sai2; Cantonese “need”)
|Historical forms of the character 使|
- to order to do
- to send; to dispatch
- to let; to make; to cause to
- to use; to employ
- to play; to play with; to resort to; to dally with
- to indulge
- (Cantonese) need to [do something]; have to
- (Cantonese) need [something]; require; want strongly
- (Quanzhou Min Nan, vulgar) to fuck
- (Cantonese) (need): 需要 (xūyào)
Derived terms from 使
- Go-on: し (shi, Jōyō)
- Kan-on: し (shi, Jōyō)
- Kun: つかう (tsukau, 使う, Jōyō); しむ (shimu); せしむ (seshimu); しめば (shimeba)
- “to use; etc.”
- From Middle Chinese 使 (). Recorded as ʃɨXMiddle Korean ᄉᆞ (Yale: so) in Sinjeung Yuhap (新增類合 / 신증유합), 1576.
- From Middle Chinese 使 (). Recorded as ʃɨHMiddle Korean 시 (Yale: si) in Sinjeung Yuhap (新增類合 / 신증유합), 1576.
- Hanja form? of 사 (“to use; to employ”).
- Hanja form? of 사 (“in order to do”).
- Hanja form? of 사 (“envoy”).
- 국제퇴계학회 대구경북지부 (國際退溪學會 大邱慶北支部) (2007). Digital Hanja Dictionary, 전자사전／電子字典. 
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text