Jump to navigation Jump to search
- KangXi: page 94, character 1
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 388
- Dae Jaweon: page 199, character 1
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 105, character 7
- Unihan data for U+4EE5
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 以|
|Shang||Western Zhou||Warring States||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Oracle bone script||Bronze inscriptions||Chu Slip and silk script||Qin slip script||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
- a preposition that expresses a boundary in spacetime or bearing (e.g., see 以北 (yǐběi), 以東／以东 (yǐdōng), 以後／以后 (yǐhòu), 以來／以来 (yǐlái), 以南 (yǐnán), 以內／以内 (yǐnèi), 以前 (yǐqián), 以上 (yǐshàng), 以外 (yǐwài), 以往 (yǐwǎng) 以西 (yǐxī), 以下 (yǐxià), 以右, and 以左)
- by; with; by means of
- according to
- 物以類聚 / 物以类聚 ― wùyǐlèijù ― birds of a feather flock together (lit. things will be gathered together according to category)
- 禮法以時而定，制令各順其宜，兵甲器備各便其用。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Book of Lord Shang, circa 3rd century BCE
- Lǐfǎ yǐ shí ér dìng, zhìlìng gè shùn qí yí, bīngjiǎ qìbèi gè biàn qí yòng. [Pinyin]
- As rites and laws were fixed in accordance with what was opportune, regulations and orders were all expedient, and weapons, armour, implements and equipment were all practical
礼法以时而定，制令各顺其宜，兵甲器备各便其用。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- so as to; in order to
- 市民對惡劣天氣要作出適當的預防措施，以減低可能引致的人命傷亡及財物損失。 [MSC, trad.]
- Shìmín duì wùliè tiānqì yào zuòchū shìdāng de yùfáng cuòshī, yǐ jiǎndī kěnéng yǐnzhì de rénmìng shāngwáng jí cáiwù sǔnshī. [Pinyin]
- The public should take appropriate preventive measures against severe weather in order to minimize possible loss of life, injury and property damage.
市民对恶劣天气要作出适当的预防措施，以减低可能引致的人命伤亡及财物损失。 [MSC, simp.]
- because; because of
- 勿以善小而不為 / 勿以善小而不为 ― wùyǐshànxiǎo'érbùwèi ― do not fail to commit a good act just because it is small in scale.
- 子曰：「君子不以言舉人，不以人廢言。」 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Analects of Confucius, circa 475 – 221 BCE, translated based on James Legge's version
- Zǐ yuē: “Jūnzǐ bù yǐ yán jǔ rén, bù yǐ rén fèi yán.” [Pinyin]
- The Master said, "The superior man does not promote a man simply on account of his words, nor does he put aside good words because of the man."
子曰：“君子不以言举人，不以人废言。” [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- † therefore; thus
- 昔吾有先正，其言明且清，國家以寧，都邑以成，庶民以生。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Book of Rites, circa 4th – 2nd century BCE
- Xī wú yǒu xiānzhèng, qí yán míng qiě qīng, guójiā yǐ níng, dōuyì yǐ chéng, shùmín yǐ shēng. [Pinyin]
- Once we had that former premier, His words were wise and pure; The states and clans by him were (therefore) at rest, The chief cities and towns by him were (therefore) well regulated, All the people by him (therefore) enjoyed their life.
昔吾有先正，其言明且清，国家以宁，都邑以成，庶民以生。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- to use
- Short for 以色列 (Yǐsèliè, “Israel”).
- A surname.
Derived terms from 以
|For pronunciation and definitions of 以 – see 似 (“to be like; to be similar to; to resemble; etc.”).|
(This character, 以, is a variant form of 似.)
- “以”, in 漢語多功能字庫 (Multi-function Chinese Character Database), 香港中文大學 (the Chinese University of Hong Kong), 2014–
|Kanji in this term|
- from (this reference point) and (more)
- 以後 ― igo ― from now on
- その以後 ― sono igo ― from then on; since then
- この日以後 ― kono hi igo ― from this day on; ever since this day
- 2008 March 15, “ジャンク・ウォリアー [Junk Warrior]”, in STARTER DECK, Konami:
- “Janku Shinkuron” purasu Chūnā igai no monsutā ittai ijō
- “Junk Synchron” plus 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
- 2017 March 25, “リンク・スパイダー [Link Spider]”, in STARTER DECK, Konami:
- Tsūjō Monsutā ittai
Ichi: Ittān ni ichi-do, jibun Mein Feizu ni hatsudō dekiru. Tefuda kara Reberu Yon ika no Tsūjō Monsutā ittai o kono kādo no Rinku-saki ni Tokushu Shōkan suru.
- 1 or more Normal Monsters
1: Once per turn, can be activated during your Main Phase. Special Summons 1 Normal Monster of Level 4 or lower from your hand to where this card is linked to.
- Tsūjō Monsutā ittai
- by, with, by means of
- Synonym: …をもって (… o motte)
- An expression prefixed with 以 means "from this reference point, and more". It can only be translated upon contexts. The reference point can be understood as "now", "here", "this", or aforementioned.
- 以上 (ijō): "or more/higher/above"; literally "from this point, and anything more/higher/above"
- 以下 (ika): "or less/lower/below"; literally "from this point, and anything less/lower/below"
- 以内 (inai): "within"; literally "from this range, and anything within"
- 以外 (igai): "outside, other than"; literally "from this range, and anything outside"
- 以前 (izen): "ago"; literally "from this point, and anything before"
- 以後 (igo): "later; ever since"; literally "from this point, and anything later"
- Hanja form? of 이 (“compared to”).
- Hanja form? of 이 (“than”).
- Hanja form? of 이 (“by means of”).
- Hanja form? of 이 (“because”).
- Hanja form? of 이 (“in view of”).
- Hanja form? of 이 (“compared with”).
- 이전 (以前, ijeon, “before”)
- 이후 (以後, ihu, “after”)
- 이상 (以上, isang, “above; over”)
- 이하 (以下, iha, “below; under”)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text