禮 (radical 113 示+13, 18 strokes, cangjie input 戈火廿田廿 (IFTWT), four-corner 35218, composition ⿰礻豊(GHTV) or ⿰示豊(JK))
Note that a correct Japanese kyūjitai glyph uses 示 on the left, rather than the simplification 礻. The Unicode codepoint is the same, only the appearance of the glyph differs between fonts.
- KangXi: page 847, character 7
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 24844
- Dae Jaweon: page 1268, character 9
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2409, character 14
- Unihan data for U+79AE
||𥜨 (historical variant)
𥜪 (historical variant)
𫌓 (corrupted form)
Phono-semantic compound (形聲, OC *riːʔ): semantic 礻 (“altar”) + phonetic 豊 (OC *riːʔ) – performing rites at the altar.
- loi1 - vernacular;
- li2 - literary.
- present, gift
- ritual, rite
- 48th tetragram of the Taixuanjing
Usually, a single 禮 refers to a gift that involves more serious social interaction. For gifts between friends, 禮物 is used instead.
(“Jinmeiyō” kanji used for names, kyūjitai kanji, shinjitai form 礼)
- propriety, courtesy, politeness, etiquette
This spelling has been superseded in modern Japanese by the shinjitai form 礼.
禮 • (rye>ye)
- manners, etiquette
禮 (lễ, thanh, lạy, lẩy, lẫy, lẻ, lể, rẩy, lãi, lấy, lỡi, lởi, rẽ)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text