Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- present participle of
2013 June 21, Oliver Burkeman, “The tao of tech”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 27:
- The dirty secret of the internet is that all this distraction and interruption is immensely profitable. Web companies like to boast about […], or offering services that let you "stay up to date with what your friends are doing", […] and so on. But the real way to build a successful online business is to be better than your rivals at undermining people's control of their own attention.
offering (plural offerings)
- An act of offering.
- That which has been offered; a sacrifice.
- An oblation or presentation made as a religious act.
- A contribution given at a religious service.
- Something put forth, bid, proffered or tendered.
act of offering
that which has been offered; a sacrifice
oblation or presentation made as a religious act
contribution given at a religious service