Japanese shinjitai Simplified from 豐.
In current form, graphically 曲 + 豆 – the bottom is cognate to 豆 (both being a pot on a stand), while 曲 is etymologically unrelated, being just a graphical simplification. The simplification of the top to 曲 dates back to seal characters, where it was a variant.
- KangXi: page 1192, character 7
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 36263
- Dae Jaweon: page 1655, character 2
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 6, page 3566, character 14
- Unihan data for U+8C4A
- This entry needs a definition. Please add one, then remove
|Kanji in this term|
- A male given name