Jump to navigation Jump to search
- KangXi: page 502, character 2
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 14280
- Dae Jaweon: page 873, character 4
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 2, page 1484, character 2
- Unihan data for U+66F2
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 曲|
|Shang||Western Zhou||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Oracle bone script||Bronze inscriptions||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
Ideogram (指事) – a bent object.
This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
- not straight; bent
- wrong; not right
- A surname.
- Used in names of rivers in Tibet and surrounding regions.
Derived terms from 曲
- Qu (poetry)
Derived terms from 曲
|For pronunciation and definitions of 曲 – see 麴 (“yeast; alcoholic beverage; etc.”).|
(This character, 曲, is the simplified form of 麴.)
- “曲”, in 漢語多功能字庫 (Multi-function Chinese Character Database), 香港中文大學 (the Chinese University of Hong Kong), 2014–
- Go-on: こく (koku)
- Kan-on: きょく (kyoku, Jōyō)
- Kun: まがる (magaru, 曲がる, Jōyō); まげる (mageru, 曲げる, Jōyō); くま (kuma, 曲); くせ (kuse, 曲)
|Kanji in this term|
- On’yomi: Kan’on
- a piece of music
- 곡곡 (曲曲, gokgok, “a winding mountain or road, abbreviation of 坊坊曲曲, which means everywhere.”)
- 곡관 (曲管, gokgwan, “bent pipe or tube”)
- 곡론 (曲論, gongnon, “sophistry”)
- 곡률 (曲率, gongnyul, “curvature”)
- 곡마 (曲馬, gongma, “circus”)
- 곡면 (曲面, gongmyeon, “curved surface”)
- 곡명 (曲名, gongmyeong, “musical title”)
- 곡목 (曲目, gongmok, “musical items, titles”)
- 곡사 (曲射, goksa, “high-angle fire”)
- 곡선 (曲線, gokseon, “curve”)
- 곡예 (曲藝, gogye, “acrobatic artistry”)
- 곡자 (曲子, gokja, “leaven, malt”)
- 곡조 (曲調, gokjo, “tune, melody”)
- 곡절 (曲折, gokjeol, “underlying reasons for behavior”)
- 곡직 (曲直, gokjik, “right and/or wrong, good and/or bad”)
- 곡척 (曲尺, gokcheok, “steel square, carpenter's square”)
- 곡필 (曲筆, gokpil, “unfair authorship”)
- 곡학 (曲學, gokhak, “unfair scholarship”)
- 곡해 (曲解, gokhae, “misunderstanding, misinterpretation”)
- 곡필 (曲笔, gokpil, “to write in a cloak of reality”)
- 곡직 (曲直, gokjik, “right and wrong”)
- 곡방 (曲房, gokbang, “a secret room beyond the reach of one's eyes.”)
- 곡학 (曲学, gokhak, “lopsided narrow-minded press; a man of low learning and good knowledge”)
- 곡해 (曲解, gokhae, “to misinterpret objective facts or the original intentions of others”)
- 곡의 (曲意, gogui, “to bow down to a person”)
- 가곡 (歌曲, gagok, “song, aria, melody”)
- 작곡 (作曲, jakgok, “musical composition”)
- 방방곡곡 (坊坊曲曲, bangbanggokgok, “everywhere”)
- Hán tự form of khúc (“bent; curved”).
- Hán tự form of khúc (“tune; song”).
- Nôm form of khúc (“piece; section; chunk”).