Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Chu Nom
chữ (“character”) + Nôm, literally "the southern characters" wherein "southern" refers to Vietnam as opposed to northern which is China.
- (Hà Nội) IPA(key): [t͡ɕɨ˦ˀ˥ nom˧˧]
- (Huế) IPA(key): [t͡ɕɨ˧˨ nom˧˧]
- (Hồ Chí Minh City) IPA(key): [cɨ˨˩˦ nom˧˧]
- a historical writing system based on Chinese characters that was once used to write Vietnamese, and that is still used to a very limited extent to write Tày
- Synonym: Quốc âm (obsolete)
- Chữ Nôm của dân tộc Tày tỉnh Bắc Kạn vừa được công nhận là Di sản văn hóa phi vật thể cấp quốc gia.
- The Nôm script of the Tày people of Bắc Kạn Province has just been recognized as a national intangible cultural heritage.