|actually; place; (nominalisation prefix)|
to use; according to; so as to; in order to; by; with; because; Israel (abbrev.)
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): so2 ji5
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): só-yî
- Min Dong (BUC): sū-ī
- Min Nan
- Wu (Wiktionary): su i (T2)
- Min Dong
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Xiamen, Quanzhou, Zhangzhou, mainstream Taiwanese)
- (Hokkien: Zhangzhou)
- therefore; so; consequently
- Míngtiān yào kǎoshì le, suǒyǐ wǒ jīntiān zhǐ néng liú zài jiālǐ fùxí gōngkè. [Pinyin]
- I have a test tomorrow, so I have to stay at home today and review my homework.
- Used in the first part of a sentence to indicate a reason that will be explained in the second part of the sentence.
- Wǒ suǒyǐ yào fǎnduì zhège jìhuà, shì yīnwèi wǒ juéde qízhōng yǒu bùshào shūlòu. [Pinyin]
- My reason for opposing this plan, is because I feel that there are quite a few holes in it.
- Cai, Junming (蔡俊明) (editor) (1991). “所以 so˥˧꜔꜒ i~˥˧꜕꜖” in 《潮州方言詞滙》. Hong Kong, T.T. Ng Chinese Language Research Centre, CUHK.
|Kanji in this term|
|Grade: 3||Grade: 4|