Jump to navigation Jump to search
- KangXi: page 839, character 20
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 24623
- Dae Jaweon: page 1256, character 25
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 4, page 2385, character 1
- Unihan data for U+793A
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 示|
|Shang||Warring States||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Bronze inscriptions||Oracle bone script||Chu Slip and silk script||Ancient script||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
Pictogram (象形) – an altar. The original form is similar to unrelated character 丅, and additional strokes are added to prevent confusion.
- to show
- A surname.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 示 – see 置 (“to put; to place; to plant; to establish; to set up; to install; etc.”).|
(This character, 示, is a variant form of 置.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 示 – see 祇 (“earth spirit; big; etc.”).|
(This character, 示, is a variant form of 祇.)
- “示”, in 漢語多功能字庫 (Multi-function Chinese Character Database), 香港中文大學 (the Chinese University of Hong Kong), 2014–
- causing attention, showing, important
- Go-on: ぎ (gi); じ (ji, Jōyō)
- Kan-on: き (ki); し (shi, Jōyō)
- Kun: しめす (shimesu, 示す, Jōyō); しめし (shimeshi)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text