Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To show how to use (something).
- Can you demonstrate the new tools for us?
- To show the steps taken to create a logical argument or equation.
- (intransitive) To participate in or organize a demonstration.
- Those people outside are demonstrating against the election results.
- (transitive) To show, display, or present.
- 2016, David A. Graham, “Donald Trump's Disastrous Debate”, in The Atlantic, page http://www.theatlantic.com/liveblogs/2016/10/second-presidential-debate-clinton-trump/503495/:
- The debate was not long on policy, as questions about the Affordable Care Act and the war in Syria demonstrated.
to show how to use something
to show the steps taken to create a logical argument or equation
to participate in a demonstration
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked