Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To display the method of using an object.
- To show the steps taken to create a logical argument or equation.
- To participate in or organize a demonstration.
- To show, display, present
2016, David A. Graham, “Donald Trump's Disastrous Debate”, in The Atlantic, page http://www.theatlantic.com/liveblogs/2016/10/second-presidential-debate-clinton-trump/503495/:
- The debate was not long on policy, as questions about the Affordable Care Act and the war in Syria demonstrated.
to display the method of using an object
to show the steps taken to create a logical argument or equation
to participate in a demonstration
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.