Japanese shinjitai: simplified from 齋.
Current form 斉 + 小.
斎 (radical 67 文+7, 11 strokes, cangjie input 卜大中一中 (YKLML), composition ⿵齐示 or ⿵斉小)
- vegetarian diet
- study (room)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 477, character 9
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 13467
- Dae Jaweon: page 835, character 8
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 3, page 2170, character 11
- Unihan data for U+658E
Mostly found in cursive style calligraphic scripts (草書).
(common “Jōyō” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 齋)
斎 (hiragana とき, rōmaji toki)
- meals exchanged between priests and parishioners
斎 (hiragana いみ, rōmaji imi)
- Alternative form of 忌み
斎 (hiragana いわい, rōmaji iwai)
- Alternative form of 祝い