Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Reading
- The process of interpreting written language.
- The process of interpreting a symbol, a sign or a measuring device.
- A value indicated by a measuring device.
- a speedometer reading.
- A meeting where written material is read aloud.
- a poetry reading.
- An interpretation.
- a reading of the current situation.
- Something to read; reading material.
- The extent of what one has read.
- He's a man of good reading.
- (legislature) One of several stages a bill passes through before becoming law.
- a piece of literature or passage of scripture read aloud to an audience: readings from the Bible
process of interpreting written language
process of interpreting a symbol
value indicated by a measuring device
occasion in which material is read aloud
something to read — see reading material
extent of one's reading
a piece read to an audience
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Most common English words before 1923: broke · waiting · political · #774: reading · German · seven · notice