Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To give (someone) notice (of some event). [mid-15c.]
- The dispatcher immediately notified the volunteer fire department of the emergency call.
- Once a decision has been reached and notified to the parties it becomes binding.
- (obsolete, transitive) To make (something) known. [late 14c.]  
- (obsolete, transitive) To make note of (something).
As illustrated by the two examples of use, the direct object of the verb can either be the party to which notice is given, or the event of which notice is given.
(transitive) to give (someone) notice of (something)