Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- (countable) The determination of the relative position of something or someone.
- (countable) The relative physical position or direction of something.
- (uncountable) The construction of a Christian church to have its aisle in an east-west direction with the altar at the east end
- (countable) An inclination, tendency or direction
- (countable) The ability to orient
- (countable) An adjustment to a new environment
- (countable) An introduction to a (new) environment
- (typography, countable) The direction of print across the page; landscape or portrait
- (mathematics, countable) The choice of which ordered bases are "positively" oriented and which are "negatively" oriented on a real vector space
the act of orienting
position relative to compass bearings
the oriented construction of a Christian church
an inclination, tendency or direction
ability to orient
introduction to a new environment
the direction of print across the page
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
orientation f (plural orientations)