Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- A physical tilt or bend
- The inclination of his head increased and he awoke with a start.
- A slant or slope
- The road up to the house had a steep inclination.
- A mental tendency
- His inclination to drink escalated to alcoholism.
- (geometry) The angle of intersection of a reference plane
- (obsolete) A person or thing loved or admired.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir W. Temple to this entry?)
physical tilt or bend
slant or slope
geometry: angle of intersection
Translations to be checked
inclination f (plural inclinations)
- inclination (all senses)