Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
slant (plural slants)
- A slope or incline.
- The house was built on a bit of a slant and was never quite level.
- A bias, tendency, or leaning; a perspective or angle.
- It was a well written article, but it had a bit of a leftist slant.
- (pejorative, ethnic slur) A person of East Asian descent, supposed to have slanting eyes.
- (obsolete) An oblique reflection or gibe; a sarcastic remark.
slope or incline
pejorative: person of Asian descent
- To lean, tilt or incline.
- If you slant the track a little more, the marble will roll down it faster.
- On the side of yonder slanting hill.
- To bias or skew.
- The group tends to slant its policies in favor of the big businesses it serves.
to lean, slope or incline
to bias or skew