Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -aɪnɪŋ
- The activity of removing solid valuables from the earth.
- gold mining
- (figuratively) Any activity that extracts or undermines.
- His extensive mining for apparently statistically significant results made any of his results questionable.
- Jonathan Swift
- […] the fabrick, however weak by the delicacy of its composition, would not have fallen so soon, if the foundation had not been injured by the slow minings of regret and vexation.
- (military) The activity of placing explosives underground, rigged to explode
terms derived from mining
activity of removing solid valuables from the earth
- present participle of