- “orientering” in The Bokmål Dictionary.
- “orientering” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.
According to the Svenska Orienteringsförbundet (Swedish Orienteering Federation), the first known written record of the word orientering in the sense of finding one's way in an unknown terrain with the aid of a map, is from a report by the director of Sweden's Royal War Academy at Karlberg, colonel H. Thulstrup, in 1886.
- orientation; inclination, direction, position; the ability to find one's way or to know precisely where one is located (also figuratively)
- (mathematics) orientation
- orientation; the act of orienting something
- an orientation, a briefing, a short summary
- (sports, uncountable) orienteering; racing through unfamiliar terrain