Jump to navigation Jump to search
to lead; to divert (water); to guideto use; according to; so as toto use; according to; so as to; in order to; by; with; because; Israel (abbrev.)because of; for; tobecause of; for; to; act as; take...to be; to be; to do; to serve as; to become swear off; warn against trad. (引以為戒) 引 以 為 戒 simp. (引以为戒) 引 以 为 戒
- to take as a warning; to draw lessons from
- 過去我們就是鑑於他們的經驗教訓，少走了一些彎路，現在當然更要引以為戒。 [MSC, trad.]
- From: 1956, 毛澤東 (Mao Zedong), 《論十大關係》 (On the Ten Major Relationships), 《毛澤東選集》. English translation based on the Foreign Languages Press edition
- Guòqù wǒmen jiùshì jiànyú tāmen de jīngyàn jiàoxùn, shǎo zǒu le yīxiē wānlù, xiànzài dāngrán gèng yào yǐnyǐwéijiè. [Pinyin]
- It was by drawing lessons from their experience that we were able to avoid certain detours in the past, and there is all the more reason for us to do so now.
过去我们就是鉴于他们的经验教训，少走了一些弯路，现在当然更要引以为戒。 [MSC, simp.]