求 (radical 85 水+2, 6 strokes, cangjie input 戈十水 (IJE), four-corner 43132)
- KangXi: page 604, character 4
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 17105
- Dae Jaweon: page 998, character 1
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 3, page 1547, character 8
- Unihan data for U+6C42
Pictogram (象形) - fur coat.
Jiajie (假借) - The character was subsequently borrowed for a near-homophone meaning "to request", and the original meaning came to be represented by 裘 (OC *ɡʷɯ).
- to seek; to look for
- to beg; to request; to implore
― qiú tā bié zǒu
for him to not leave
- to request; to ask for
- to require; to demand
- to covet; to seek (fame, riches)
- to attract
- A surname.
(grade 4 “Kyōiku” kanji)
- request, wish
求 (hiragana もとむ, rōmaji Motomu)
- A male given name
求 • (gu) (hangeul 구, revised gu, McCune-Reischauer ku, Yale kwu)
- demand, request
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text