Pictogram (象形): Shaped spool or bobbin. It is the original character of 貯, 儲
宁 (radical 40 宀+2, 5 strokes, cangjie input 十一弓 (JMN), four-corner 30201, composition ⿱宀丁)
- simplified of 寧
- calm, peaceful, serene
- KangXi: page 281, character 12
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 7055
- Dae Jaweon: page 551, character 12
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 910, character 1
- Unihan data for U+5B81
- (historical) space between the door and the entrance screen, or between the two side houses in the main entrance
- Original form of 貯 (“to store; to accumulate; to gather”).
- Original form of 佇 (“to stand for a long time”).
As a phonetic component, reduced to 㝉 in Simplified Chinese to distinguish from 宁 below, the simplified form of 寧.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 宁 – see 寧.
(This character, 宁, is the simplified form of 寧.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 宁 – see 甯.
(This character, 宁, is the simplified form of 甯.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
宁 • (jeo) (hangeul 저, revised jeo, McCune-Reischauer chŏ)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text