- Free from emotional or mental disturbance.
- Calm; without motion or sound.
1921, Douglas Wilson Johnson, Battlefields of the World War, Western and Southern Fronts: A Study in Military Geography, page 262:
- […] that the streams which did form were clear and tranquil because fed by perennial springs from the underground supply; and that in their tranquil waters extensive peat bogs formed.
- (free from emotional disturbance): calm, peaceful, serene, steady
- (calm; without motion or sound): peaceful
- (free from emotional disturbance): agitated
free from emotional disturbance
calm; without motion or sound
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.