Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Enjoying health and vigor of body, mind, or spirit: well.
- He was father to three healthy kids.
1935, George Goodchild, chapter 5, in Death on the Centre Court:
- By one o'clock the place was choc-a-bloc. […] The restaurant was packed, and the promenade between the two main courts and the subsidiary courts was thronged with healthy-looking youngish people, drawn to the Mecca of tennis from all parts of the country.
- Conducive to health.
- A healthy diet and exercise can help to maintain proper weight.
2013 July 19, Ian Sample, “Irregular bedtimes may affect children's brains”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 34:
- Irregular bedtimes may disrupt healthy brain development in young children, according to a study of intelligence and sleeping habits. ¶ Going to bed at a different time each night affected girls more than boys, but both fared worse on mental tasks than children who had a set bedtime, researchers found.
- Evincing health.
- (figuratively) Significant, hefty; beneficial.
- a healthy respect for authority
- Sam unwrapped the sandwich and took a healthy bite out of the middle.
- (conducive to health): healthful
enjoying health and vigor of body, mind, or spirit: well
conducive to health
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked