Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (informal) Food with little or no nutritional value.
- 2012 June 17, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Homer’s Triple Bypass” (season 4, episode 11; originally aired 12/17/1992)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- The episode begins with a lifetime of junk food, beer and no exercise catching up with Homer in the form of painful heart contractions.
- 2018, Timothy R. Jennings, The Aging Brain, →ISBN, page 82:
- Junk foods and fast foods such as pizzas, hot dogs, doughnuts, cookies, cakes, and so on increase inflammation, promote insulin resistance, and increase the risk of diabetes and obesity.
food with little or no nutritional value