Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Hefty
- She carries a hefty backpack full of books.
- Strong, bulky.
- They use some hefty bolts to hold up road signs.
- (of a person) Possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful; powerfully or heavily built.
- He was a tall, hefty man.
- Impressive, mighty.
- Nouns to which "hefty" is often applied: price tag, premium, profit, price, penalty, fine, portion, salary, gain, increase, amount, sum, check, fee.
powerfully or heavily built