Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Hefty
- Heavy, strong, vigorous, mighty, impressive.
- He can throw a hefty punch.
- 1934, Frank Richards, The Magnet, Kidnapped from the Air
- The Remove dormitory echoed to the old, familiar sound of Bunter's hefty snore.
- Strong; bulky.
- They use some hefty bolts to hold up road signs.
- (of a person) Possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful; powerfully or heavily built.
- He was a tall, hefty man.
- Heavy, weighing a lot.
- She carries a hefty backpack full of books.
- (colloquial, of a number or amount) Large.
- That's going to cost you a hefty sum.
- Nouns to which "hefty" is often applied: price tag, premium, profit, price, penalty, fine, portion, salary, gain, increase, amount, sum, check, fee.
powerfully or heavily built