Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA(key): /ˈvɪɡəɹəs/
- (Appalachians, obsolete) IPA(key): /ˈvaɪɡɹəs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪɡəɹəs
- Physically strong and active.
- a vigorous scrub
- a vigorous search
- 1895, Annual Report of the Ohio State Board of Agriculture, page 280:
- Life in the country will be fuller, richer, and more comfortful, because it is freer, healthier, and more vigorous.
- 1976, Joni Mitchell (lyrics and music), “Song for Sharon”:
- Now there are twenty-nine skaters on Wollman Rink
Circling in singles and in pairs
In this vigorous anonymity
- Mentally strong and active.
- Rapid of growth.
- a vigorous shrub
physically strong and active
rapid of growth