Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Britain) Used by stage magicians, when waving a "magic wand" and performing a trick.
- (Britain, colloquial) Indicates a sudden desirable conclusion or change, as if by magic; ta-da; voilà.
- If you take the next left, you’ll see a big shop and hey presto, you’re there.
- 1968, Erich von Däniken, Chariots of the Gods?, Putnam
- They stick a couple of old potshards together, search for one or two adjacent cultures, stick a label on the restored find and--hey, presto!--once again everything fits splendidly into the approved pattern of thought.