Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (UK) (file)
- (Britain) Used by stage magicians, when performing a magic trick.
- (Britain, colloquial) Indicates a sudden desirable conclusion or change, as if by magic
- Synonyms: ta-da, voilà
- If you take the next left, you’ll see a big shop and hey presto, you’re there.
- 1968, Erich von Däniken, Chariots of the Gods?, Putnam
- They stick a couple of old potshards together, search for one or two adjacent cultures, stick a label on the restored find and—hey, presto!—once again everything fits splendidly into the approved pattern of thought.