Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Walking in the countryside for pleasure or sport.
- To protect the glacier, officials have limited the number of visitors to 10,000 a day and have banned hiking on the ice.
Audio (US) (file)
- 1993, Bill P. Clark, State-of-the-art Mapping: 13-15 April 1993, Orlando, Florida, page 94:
- Consulting the data provided by ARPS to the county, the county discovers that ARPS has erroneously stated that the parking area too was on solid ground when in fact the earth was ill suited to anything other than hikings.
- The act by which something is hiked, or raised sharply.
- 1984, Indonesia: An Official Handbook, page 125:
- Like in previous years, Government policies with regard to restraining price hikings have been dealing with curtailing credit supplies and bank liquidities […]
- This term is not commonly used in New Zealand, where the term tramping is preferred.