Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Homosexuality, the state of being homosexual.
- 1949, George Kingsley Zipf, Human Behavior and the Principle of Least Effort:
- If we take the case of the person with the genitalia of one sex who nevertheless tries to imitate the sexual behavior of the opposite sex, we come upon the fairly frequent phenomenon of homosexualism, […]
- 1953, Ellis Arthur Stephens, Lawless youth:
- Similar behavior is noted in unconscious homosexualism. The nearness of a person of the same sex may cause anxiety. This is guarded against by taking precautions that the body is not touched in any way suggestive of familiarity.
- 2007, Sunil Kumar Sarker, A Companion to E. M. Forster (volume 1, page 145)
- He was also a secret preacher of homosexualism; throughout his long literary career he, from time to time, as opportunities presented themselves, made subtle and votive references to homosexual orientation in his creative works.
- lesbianism (applied only to women)