Jump to navigation Jump to search
- honorably (US spelling)
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: ŏnʹərəblī, ŏnʹrəblī, IPA(key): /ˈɒnəɹəbli/, /ˈɒnɹəbli/
- (General American) enPR: ŏnʹərəblī, ŏnʹrəblī, IPA(key): /ˈɑnəɹəbli/, /ˈɑnɹəbli/
- Hyphenation: hon‧or‧ab‧ly, honor‧ab‧ly
- In an honourable manner.
- 1960 February, J. N. Faulkner, “The Belgian Railways today”, in Trains Illustrated, page 86:
- Inevitably the present extent and variety of the Belgian railways will diminish, and within the space of the ten-year plan we can expect to see a modern system concentrated on the main traffic routes like its neighbour in the Netherlands, and with its last steam locomotives and wooden coaches honourably retired to the museum.