Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɑnɪstli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɒnɪstli/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Hyphenation: hon‧est‧ly
- (manner) In an honest manner.
- He answered the questions honestly.
- Frankly, to be honest.
- Honestly, I didn't believe a word she said.
- (honest manner): candidly, sincerely, truthfully; see also Thesaurus:honestly
- (frankly): as a matter of fact, in all honesty, in point of fact, in truth; see also Thesaurus:actually
in an honest manner
(speech act) frankly
- Used to express exasperation, dismay, etc.
- Honestly! I want to finish this work and you keep interrupting.
used to express exasperation or dismay
- honesteliche, honestelie, honestely, honestli, honestliche, honestlyche, onestelike, onestely, onestli, onestly
- honourably, respectfully, nobly
- respectably, appropriately, politely
- tastefully, splendidly
- ethically, virtuously
- English: honestly