Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (manner) In a frank, open or (too) honest manner.
- He spoke frankly about the economy.
- 1914, Louis Joseph Vance, Nobody, chapter III:
- She was frankly disappointed. For some reason she had thought to discover a burglar of one or another accepted type—either a dashing cracksman in full-blown evening dress, lithe, polished, pantherish, or a common yegg, a red-eyed, unshaven burly brute in the rags and tatters of a tramp.
- (speech act) In truth, to tell the truth.
- Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
in a frank, open or (too) honest manner
(speech act) In truth, to tell the truth