Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: hook up
From the verb phrase hook up.
hookup (plural hookups)
- (sometimes attributive) A connection.
- The plumber came to fix the sewer hookup.
- I need to buy some hookup wire.
- (slang) A brief sexual relationship or encounter; a fling.
- He met his two most recent partners at bars, and expressed strong ambivalence and dislike of meeting partners online, but reported half a dozen additional hookups with partners met online.
- (slang) A sexual partner.
- The predominant way of finding a hookup or sexual partner would be going online.
- (brief sexual encounter): fling