Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
hookup (not comparable)
- For the purpose of connecting.
- I need to buy some hookup wire.
hookup (plural hookups)
- A connection.
- The plumber came to fix the sewer hookup.
- A brief sexual relationship or encounter; a fling.
- "The latter participant, for instance, met his two most recent partners at bars, and expressed strong ambivalence and dislike of meeting partners online, but reported half a dozen additional hookups with partners met online."
- A sexual partner
- "As a webmaster, yeah, I would have to say that the predominant way of finding a hookup or sexual partner would be going online."
- (brief sexual relations): fling
- the verb hook up