Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (theology) Pertaining to hypostasis, especially with reference to hypostatic union.
- The grand doctrine of the chymists, touching their three hypostatical principles.
- Personal, or distinctly personal; relating to the divine hypostases, or substances.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Pearson to this entry?)
- (medicine) Pertaining to hypostasis; depending upon, or due to, deposition or setting.
- hypostatic congestion, due to setting of blood by gravitation
- (genetics) Of a gene, affected by hypostasis.