illinition (plural illinitions)
- Act of smearing or rubbing in or on.
- That which is smeared or rubbed on, such as ointment or liniment.
- A crust of some extraneous substance formed on minerals.
- a thin crust or illinition of black manganese
- (medicine) Friction of a surface after the application of an ointment, to aid absorption.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.