Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The inability to read and write.
- Illiteracy is widespread in certain areas of the country.
- (uncountable) The portion of a population unable to read and write, generally given as a percentage.
- (countable) A word, phrase, or grammatical turn thought to be characteristic of an illiterate person.
- (uncountable, by extension) Unlearnedness; the state of being ignorant or unlettered.
For quotations using this term, see Citations:illiteracy.
inability to read and write