Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: immortalisé
- immortalize (US)
- (British, transitive) To give unending life to, to make immortal.
- (transitive) To make eternally famous.
- His heroic deeds were immortalised in song and tale.
- 2013, Daniel Taylor, Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic climbs highest to sink Benfica (in The Guardian, 15 May 2013)
- The clocks at either end of the stadium had just ticked past 92 minutes when Branislav Ivanovic made the run that will immortalise him in Chelsea's history.
to give unending life to
to make eternally famous