Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality of making rash or arbitrary decisions, especially in an impulsive or forceful manner.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, chapter XIII, in The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, volume (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: A[ndrew] Millar […], OCLC 928184292, book IV:
- She had however another motive, beside her obedience, to accompany the old gentleman in the chase; for by her presence she hoped in some measure to restrain his impetuosity, and to prevent him from so frequently exposing his neck to the utmost hazard.
- The condition or quality of being impetuous; fury; violence.
- Vehemence; furiousness of temper.
The quality of making rash decisions