in right of
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (law) a power held as a consequence of another power, or held as a consequence of a relationship
- In right of her being president of the Board, she is also the chair of Board meetings.
- The husband held title to the land in right of his wife (see also jure uxoris).
- (law, government, often capitalized) jurisdiction of a person who is head of state of more than one state
- The Queen of Canada in Right of Quebec is suing the Queen of Canada in Right of Newfoundland.